Here is the complete TNPSC VAO Syllabus & Study Material for V.A.O Examination as per S.S.L.C. Standard in English & Tamil Both language in PDF.
UNIT-I GENERAL SCIENCE :
- Physics: Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy-Magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light and sound.
- Chemistry-Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Botany-Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Zoology-Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants and human life.
UNIT-II. CURRENT EVENTS
History-Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of States-Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors -Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
- Political Science-1. Problems in conduct of public elections-2. Political parties and political system in India-3. Public awareness & General administration-4. Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
- Geography–Geographical landmarks.
- Economics-Current socio-economic problems.
UNIT- III. GEOGRAPHY
Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate- Water resources — rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population-density and distribution-Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
UNIT – IV. HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU
Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
UNIT-V. INDIAN POLITY
Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of
law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women-Consumer protection forms.
UNIT-VI. INDIAN ECONOMY
Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth-Rural welfare oriented programmers-Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
UNIT-VI. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore- Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
UNIT-VII. APTITUDE &MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data – Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest- Area-Volume-Time and Work-Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.